 Technic / 12245
Re: Hex363
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:48:08 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Bob Kojima wrote:
At 07:55 PM 3/30/2004 +0000, you wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Bob Kojima wrote:
hi kevin,

i must first say that this is just amazing work!

Thanks Bob.  To my knowlege, you have recreated more of MOC's than anyone
else.
I see your work on brickshelf.

well thank you for posting such great pictures and descriptions.  your
pnuematic creations are so fun to make and to figure out how they
work.  i'm currently working on making your inchworm.  i'm waiting for more
of the new switches from a bricklink order.  i have made your
Asynchropillar already.  it looks like Asynchropillar and inchworm both use
the same pneumatic hookups.

You are welcome.  I document in hopes that others will enjoy and learn from
MOC's.

I think you are right about Asynchropillar and Inchworm, although Asynchropillar
is not documented well enough to tell easily.  Let me know if you conclude they
are the same.

In PhD, there are 8 new switches per hip, making a total of 12 switches
per leg.
The grand total is 74 pneumatic switches, 12 large dual ported pistons, and 4
small dual ported pistons.

i have enough pistons.  but 74 of the new switches?  i'm hopping to find a
few more switches so i can make your hex363 but i can only dream about
making you PhD.  i can't wait to see the finished pictures of it and a few
movies.  have you figured out how many pneumatic T pieces it's going to
take.  i can't even imaging how much hose you are going to need.

  You can start with hex363, and add 16 switches ala Hex363 and make it walk
forward, backward, and turn right, and left.  Let me know if you need help
figuring that out.

I do not know how many T's.  Not a lot(less than a dozen) I don't think.

Thanks for the nudge Bob.  I've added these parts to the MPD file and uploaded
it again as:

mlcad is still looking for: p_swtchb.dat, p-nozzle.dat, and
p_lbase.dat  but i can see enough to figure out what goes where.  it's just
kind of weird seeing only part of a piston.

I've tried it again.  Please give it another try.

Kevin