 Technic / 12224
Re: Hex363
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:43:55 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Gregory Muri wrote:
Amazing, Stunning, Fantastic, Spectacular........

None of these do this creation justice Kevin!  That is by far the most
complicated Lego creation I have ever seen!  Makes me want to go out and buy
10 backhoe sets.  :)

Thanks Gergory!  You would only need four backhoes' pneumatics to make hex363's
circuit, but hey, don't let me stop you from buying more!  :^)

So, when will the K.C. Mastering Lego Pneumatics Handbook be coming out?
Pre-order my copy today.  :)

It took me about three years to come up with a methodology for designing
pneumatic sequencers on paper.  Previous to that my pneumatic creations had been
mostly ad-hoc based on classic pneumatic engines.

I've written a document http://www.kclague.net/Sequencer/index.htm on my
pneumatic sequence design methodology.  Feel free to give it a read.

You might also enjoy this design: http://www.kclague.net/Inchworm/index.htm

Greg

Kevin

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message
  I pleased to announce my newest pneumatic walker, hex363.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/phd/p3180016.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/phd/p3180020.jpg

http://www.kclague.net/hex363/hex363.MOV

Hex363 is similar in pneumatic circuit design to Quad242
(http://www.kclague.net/Quad242/index.htm)

<snip>

  Timing diagram and circuit description is described rather tersly in this
image http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/phd/circuit.jpg

  hex363 is the most complicated pneumatic design I've ever created.

  PLMKWYT,

Kevin