 Technic / 12210
  Hex363

I pleased to announce my newest pneumatic walker, hex363. (URL) is similar in pneumatic circuit design to Quad242 ((URL) Hex363 is completely pneumatic. Hex363 is a pneumatic sequencer that can walk forward. Each leg can extend to the ground, or (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: Hex363

(...) [snip] (...) I think you're a very scary man, Kevin. That walker is absolutely *brilliant*. I don't normally check out the .technic or .robotics side of things, but today I'm very glad I did. That is absolutely incredible-- and not least of (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

(...) Lindsay, Thanks, I think. LOL! (...) Thanks very much! The vertical strength of the legs is quite robust. Plenty of force and good leverage to hold weight. The weakness in the design is the structural stability associated with the leg (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

(...) Great creation, Kevin. Any chance for a Ldraw file of the beast? ;-) <snip> (...) And light years beyond what us mere mortals can fumble together with pneumatics :-) -TJ (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

Amazing, Stunning, Fantastic, Spectacular........ None of these do this creation justice Kevin! That is by far the most complicated Lego creation I have ever seen! Makes me want to go out and buy 10 backhoe sets. :) So, when will the K.C. Mastering (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

(...) Thanks Gergory! You would only need four backhoes' pneumatics to make hex363's circuit, but hey, don't let me stop you from buying more! :^) (...) It took me about three years to come up with a methodology for designing pneumatic sequencers on (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

(...) Thanks TJ! (...) Now that you've asked there is a much higher probability of an MPD for this beast! ;^) Needless to say, phase two of this beast will be able to walk backwards, turn and *much* more. There is a very important reason why the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

omg, wow and whoa, I'm trying to follow all the lines! But I can't! errrhmmm, I want to hear all of it's 'whishing sounds as the pistons expand and contract, IRL. jeesh man, that is great. So, you applied many useful techniques you developed and (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

(...) The movie has sound..... mostly what you hear is all the pumping of the three large pumps. (...) Thanks! (...) This is the third design based on the design methodology I figured out about 9 months ago. Hex363 is an extension of the circuit (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

(...) Yay I knew it! More coolness brings more coolness. (...) Egads man! That is magnificent! (...) Oooh Oooh can I make the coverings? for the body and and and and.... We could have standard connections like the Moonbase Project and call it the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

In lugnet.technic, Eric Sophie wrote: <snip> (...) Thanks! (...) Most certainly! I'd love to do that! (...) Awesome! Sounds like great fun! (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

(...) Cool. Looking forward to that! Any plans for the Octa484? :-) -TJ (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

(...) The fixed shape parts are easy. It is all the pneumatic tubes that are a pain to route. (...) You *know* the answer to this one! (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

(...) <snip> (...) I did some test driving and it was not very robust. I tried to have it walk over an upside-down cake pan. It fell back on a triangle made of two feet from one group, and one foot from the other (this one was retracted.) I didn't (...) (20 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

(...) I have created a web page for hex363, pretty scant, but it communicates what is needed. Included in the page is a link to hex363.mpd. It does not contain the pneumatic hookups needed to make it walk. Sorry that was too much work. The final (...) (20 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

hi kevin, i must first say that this is just amazing work! is that 12 new switches on each leg? that's going to take a lot of bricklink orders to get enough switches. i'm was wondering where to find p_swtch.dat, p_lcyl.dat, and p_larm.dat. i can't (...) (20 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

(...) Thanks Bob. To my knowlege, you have recreated more of MOC's than anyone else. I see your work on brickshelf. (...) In PhD, there are 8 new switches per hip, making a total of 12 switches per leg. The grand total is 74 pneumatic switches, 12 (...) (20 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

(...) well thank you for posting such great pictures and descriptions. your pnuematic creations are so fun to make and to figure out how they work. i'm currently working on making your inchworm. i'm waiting for more of the new switches from a (...) (20 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

(...) You are welcome. I document in hopes that others will enjoy and learn from MOC's. I think you are right about Asynchropillar and Inchworm, although Asynchropillar is not documented well enough to tell easily. Let me know if you conclude they (...) (20 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex363

(...) it will be a while before i start to make hex363. i need to finish inchworm. i will probably leave it together for a while to show off. and i will need to order about 10 more switches. when i finally do get started on hex363 i will probably (...) (20 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)