 Technic / 12241
Re: Hex363
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:06:46 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
I pleased to announce my newest pneumatic walker, hex363.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/phd/p3180016.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/phd/p3180020.jpg

That is awesome! It's very complex and impressive to see. And then it moves!!!
Great creation, Kevin.

Any chance for a Ldraw file of the beast? ;-)

I have created a web page for hex363, pretty scant, but it communicates what is
needed.  Included in the page is a link to hex363.mpd.  It does not contain the
pneumatic hookups needed to make it walk.  Sorry that was too much work.

The final version will be fully documented including pneumatic hoses.

<snip>
hex363 is the most complicated pneumatic design I've ever created.

And light years beyond what us mere mortals can fumble together with pneumatics
:-)

-TJ

Kevin