 Technic / 11179
Re: Pneumatic Magic Presetnation Maertials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 01:46:56 GMT

I sucked grease - by manually pulling the plunger with a dab of grease
on the bottom air input - into my cylinders and they move more
consistently and don't leak pressure. I used ceramic grease of the
type you get for RC car gearboxes. They aren't much easier to move,
but they do move more smoothly and I've not had the problem with
pressure leakage. I can't say I put much lateral stress on them
though.

Would not the grease eventually find it's way out into the hoses and make the
hose connection a bad one because of the slippery grease?

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe