 Technic / 11152
Re: Pneumatic Magic Presetnation Maertials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:58:38 GMT

Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Hi all,
  I've uploaded the power point presentation that I gave at BrickFest 2003.

I is on this page:

The file is named pneumatics_magic.ppt.

Enjoy!

Kevin

Hey Kevin!  Welcome back.

My own vanity had me curious to see how you would cover the 2 cylinder
full adder I came up with, or how you would describe the procedure I use
for hooking up the switches in "reverse", but I didn't see anything
about either of them in the powerpoint slides.  I'm curious, was there
parts of your presentation that weren't in the powerpoint file?

As an aside, I find it interesting to think about that if I had actually
*owned* a fair amount of pneumatics before I started trying to design
those things, it's entirely possible that I may not have ever used a
backwards switch concept because no models (afaik) use that idea, and by
building such models, I could have been subconsciously "programmed" to
not try that approach.  Who knew that ignorance could sometimes be the
cause of something apparently innovative?  :)