 Technic / 11138
Re: Pneumatic Magic Presetnation Maertials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 02:31:00 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford wrote:

<snip>

  Less area, less force,,,,,

Ummmm yep, thats what I meant - the contract side is smaller so less force, but
wouldn't that also mean it contracts faster because it needs less air? Just like
the small cylinders expand/contract much faster than the big ones because of the
much smaller area?

I think that the smaller pistons expand/contract faster because they have much
less friction, combined with the fact that they have much smaller cavities.  The
old large single acting pistons expand/contract much faster than the new large
double acting pistons because they have much less friction.

ROSCO

Kevin