 Technic / 11181
Re: Pneumatic Magic Presetnation Maertials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:58:52 GMT

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote:
I sucked grease - by manually pulling the plunger with a dab of grease
on the bottom air input - into my cylinders and they move more
consistently and don't leak pressure. I used ceramic grease of the
type you get for RC car gearboxes. They aren't much easier to move,
but they do move more smoothly and I've not had the problem with
pressure leakage. I can't say I put much lateral stress on them
though.

Would not the grease eventually find it's way out into the hoses and make the
hose connection a bad one because of the slippery grease?

I've not encountered grease coming back out. It takes a really good
tug to suck it in there and you don't get the same level of airflow
when in normal use. The grease is fairly thick. After a bit of initial
vigorous pumping by hand to spread the grease any excess is ejected
and I've not seen any more come out. I've done it to the clear
cylinders and a little stays top and bottom with a little smeared over
the inside.

Tim