 Technic / 11149
Re: Pneumatic Magic Presetnation Maertials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 05:05:01 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford wrote:
Which was the basis of my original suggestion, that the smaller volume on the
"contract" side of pistons (both large and small) would imply that they contract
slightly faster than they expand, but with slightly less force?

Yes.  The contract face of the piston has less area than the expand face.

Whew! Glad we got that worked out! But that contradicts what you say in the PPT
presentation, as I pointed out originally!
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=11127

ROSCO