 Storage / 87
Re: Sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:31:19 GMT

Once upon a time, "Larry Pieniazek" <lpien@NOSPAM.ctp.com> wrote:

Louise Belles writes:

If all else falls bake cookies for the kids
to bribe them to do it.

This never works for me. They want to build using the parts already sorted
instead. (1)(2) But baking cookies is fun, though.

I hear you.  My kids are really bad about building from sorted bins.
For about a week after I've done major sorting, they'll come up with
creations made from all 1xN plates, or only round pieces.

Thought about sorting by colors vs sorting by shape: my kids'
creations would probably end up looking better if we sorted by color.
Because they tend to work with whatever is in front of them.  So, if
they had one bin of various blue bricks, they'd tend to make blue
stuff.  They wouldn't be any more (or less) creative, but the apparent
quality of their end products would go up.  But it would drive me
*insane* to try to find the exact pieces I need in mono-colored,
multi-shaped piece-bins.

Steve