 Storage / 84
Re: Sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 13:31:49 GMT

"Sean M. Kenney" <sean@seankenney.com> writes:

So for that very reason, why not just sort by BOTH color AND shape?

Yes, but I feel that using too many sorting bins is a waste of space
because there's always going to be a lot of bins that are nearly empty.
And if you have too many bins, you cannot stack them all in front of you
when building, so you need to run back and forth to get the pieces you
need.

So one needs to compromise, and my compromise is to sort by shape (or by
function).

Fredrik