 Storage / 86
Re: Sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:12:00 GMT

What I have done so far with the pieces I have sorted is:

1.  Put all pieces which currently have a classification in my system in one pile
and all unclassified parts in another.

2.  Sort all of the classified pieces into three catagories
    a) bricks
    b) plates
    c) other

3.  Sort the bricks by size and put into their final containers.

I have continued to break down each pile into smaller catagories, until I finally
have several unique piece piles.  Except for a stiff back (from working on the
carpet) things have gone much quicker than expected.  I am about 1/2 way
through.

Duane

Tim Rueger writes:

For Technic sets, I work on a big table, and use
a "coordinate system" of piles of same-type pieces.
(When building, I value form over aesthetics, so
all colors of a given part go in the same piles.)

               x1  x2  x3  x4  x6  x8  x10  x12
bricks ->
beams ->
1x plates ->
2x plates ->

I do something similar with technic shafts
(and more recently, connector pegs).  I find a
terrycloth towel useful for keeping round bits
from falling on the floor.

Roof bricks, round pieces, and other specialty
stuff go in their own piles.

Works for me...
-Tim

--
Tim and/or Shelley Rueger - rueger "at" io.com
WWW page: http://www.io.com/~rueger/