 Storage / 103
Re: Sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 04:18:15 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lpien@NOSPAM.ctp.com> wrote
When rooting for a part, which is easier, finding the blue 1x3 bricks in a bin
of 1x3s, or finding the 1x3s in a bin of blue 1x2s, 1x3s and 1x4s? The former.
Trust me. Blue jumps out at you far easier than three studs of length.

Trust him. It is.

For small amounts having "misc" bins works well, but I use a threshold of
about 2x4x2" of small parts before I split them out. This is because with
Technic I find it easier to remember where a given part is than to
scrabble through a bin looking for it. Especially the gray parts...

Being anal about sorting is a good thing. It lets you have more time to build.
When I'm on a building run, I want everything at hand because the models flow
from my fingers the same way code does when I'm on a coding run.

Hmm, coding runs (I did most of my weeks typing yesterday morning, after
a week of head-banging a particular problem that my coworker couldn't
understand why it was a problem, let alone help with it. But I got it in
the end. Now to spend the long weekend building MS models I think.
(instead of building MS programs... now there's a scary symbol
overloading)

1 - Kids are entropy agents in a big way. Order is NOT their friend.

They love order - it makes the mess so much more distinctly their own :)

Moz