 Star Wars / 735
Re: First Impressions of #7150 - TIE Fighter / Y-Wing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.reviews
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 01:33:25 GMT

Richard Dee writes:
On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 16:18:41 GMT, Steve Bliss uttered the following
profundities...

Of these, the only real SPUD (single-purpose, ugly decorative) piece is
the front canopy from the TIE fighter.

I thought the official acronym designations were to be
similar to bodily functions?
Such as:
POOP:Plainly a Once Only Piece.
I am not terribly witty, but I am sure someone might come up
with something better!

But we can't get too witty, such as finding a suitable lego-ish definition for
the acronym of "So Happy It's Thursday" or else Todd might not allow it, and
it could just be in plain bad taste. :)

BURP and SPUD are somewhat derogatory, but are also cute, so they stick.
Definitions for acronyms like SNOT, POOP, etc., are more difficult to come up
with and, IMO, they won't wear as well as the non-cute variety.

-Tom McD.