 Star Wars / 721
720  |  722
Subject:
Bright spot...NJ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.reviews
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 20:28:10 GMT

I believe you may be right about who gets them last as you live farther away
from CT than most.  However, NJ is the worst state in the US when it comes to
getting something new.  Ever wonder why everyone always pokes fun at NJ?  Its
because it sucks here(in my opinion anyway).  Its full of people that don't
want to be here and they make sure they show it.  Ever heard the Jersey Girl
and Jersey Guy songs.  All these beautiful houses full of rich people that
work and commute to NY but don't even live there so they crowd up NJ and bring
the NYC attitude back with them.  And the weather, don't even get me started
with that one.  Freezing in the winter, humid in the summer, never a happy
medium.  And the shore, a waste pit caused by excessive dumping.  Ugh.  North
and South Jersey are so different its sick.  Its industrialized with smog
factories in the North, and large amounts of rolling hills and farmland in the
South.  No wonder there was a petition going around to see how people felt
about splitting the state into two, North Jersey and South Jersey.  So you
wonder who is going to get the new LEGO sets last.  Jeez this state can't even
figure out what it is, even less what it wants.  Do we have the Yankees or
not.  The Jets or not.  The Giants or not.  OK, none of the above.  Jeez.  NJ
will be last as no one even wants to stop and drop them off in this state.

Sorry, just my opinion.  Sorry for ranting, I want my SW sets.  Can you tell I
want to move?

Jason F.

To paraphrase: "Well, if you are in a dark and smelly spot in the United
States, you must be in NJ."

BTW, would anyone like to make a wager as to which city in the contiguous US
will get the SW Lego sets last?  My bet is Great Falls, Montana.
Coincidently, I happen to live there right now.  To paraphrase:  "Well, if
there's a bright center to the United States, you're in the city that it's
furthest from."

:Derek