 Star Wars / 766
Re: First Impressions of #7150 - TIE Fighter / Y-Wing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.reviews
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:22:36 GMT

Mike Case writes:
On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 16:18:41 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve
Bliss) wrote:

Of these, the only real SPUD (single-purpose, ugly decorative) piece is
the front canopy from the TIE fighter.

Is this really a SPUD?  I haven't had a chance to see this set in real
life yet, but my first reaction from the picture was 'neat -- I wonder
if they are going to use the TIE canopy as the window in a Bespin
playset next year?'

The first time I saw the TIE fighter window, I wanted to make two things:

1) The Bespin Duel scene, with the big round window, and

2) the Emperor's Throne Room from RotJ.

I don't consider it a SPUD- there are a lot of big, round windows in the Star
Wars Universe.  Sticking the elongated "laser guns" at the bottom of it does
almost seem to be a feeble attempt by TLG to make it more SPUD-like, though...

eric