 Space / 1834
Re: 6985 Cosmic Fleet Voyager Discussion WAS: [Re: New Stuff!]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 06:01:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Alan Gerber wrote:

In lugnet.space, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Heres the set for those of you who do not know it: (Cosmic Fleet Voyager)

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6985

But it's so UGLY!  Look at the nose, with all those width changes!  (I • know
that there's no air in space, so the shape doesn't matter, but still!)
Alan

The shape means nothing in space. I think this is one of the more realistic
(As far as real goes for LEGO models, that is) that they have made. I think
it is a complex nose, that while may not be the prettiest, it certainly does
have protection for the pilot. I love all the slopes in this set. This would
be a great set for parts!  : ) • Yes.
To each his own, Alan. This is one of the few models that I have changed
slightly. I think the insectoids main ship or that awful Explorien ship is
UGLY, but usable for parts. I am a big fan of the classic Space ships, this
one is, IMHO, a continuation of it, and a worthy addition.
With a bit of modification on the nose, it wouldn't be so bad.
Alan

I'm with Scott (and others) on this one.  After discovering the CFV just a few
months ago (it appeared at the start of my Dark Ages), I totally lucked into
trading for one -- for which I'm still incredibly grateful -- and it's a
fantastic set.  I actually like the colour scheme (it photographs well,
dontchaknow), and it's extremely well thought out all around.  I wonder what
happened internally to make those kind of designs go bye-bye?  I keep wondering
if they had one or two chief set architects who sat around and thought about
authentic-looking and -feeling things...and where they went after BT-I (or what
horrible accident impaired them--too much ABS in the bloodstream?  If yes, we're
all doomed.  Doomed, I tell you).

My three favourite ships are still Galaxy Explorer, Blacktron I Invader, and the
new entry and new leader (for me), CFV--all for the same reason, really.  (I
never owned a BT-I Renegade, so I plead ignorance of its charms.)

best

Lindsay