 Space / 1821
Re: New Stuff!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:22:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mike Petrucelli writes:

You had some really neat models on your page, I really liked the The
G.C.S. Phantom Shrieker,

Thanks.  It weighs about 50 pounds.

Wow!  That's heavy...hmmm...I've never actually weighed mine though, think
I'll try doing that.  Does like a normal bathroom scale work okay?

I might try building something similar at some point,
although it's probably going to be white since I'm low on black pieces and
painting can get tiresome.

PAINTING !?  (sorry I am one of those that regard painting as Lego heresy)

:)  Well it's okay if you can't tell the difference.  Model paint works the
best, you can make em look completely authentic, but it's expensive and you
don't get much.  I like using Partha paints because they are very non
permanent but still look okay for esthetics.  I always like my ships to look
uniform and consistent...don't think the big ship would look as good if the
hulls were brown and looked like boats pieces...he he he...

Well I better get back to work, I'm working on a
website design right now and trying to get things organized.  I'll let
everyone know when I get it updated.

Oh more to see. :-)

Yup, I have more ships too that I'm gonna try scanning, also workin on getting
some better pictures (most of the actually pictures I got were REALLY fuzzy).
I'm also going to make some scans of my older brothers stuff and we are
feverishly trying to come up with names for all these ships.  The big one will
be called either the Behemoth, or the Juggernaut....but at this point it's
undecided.

Sounds like you will be busy for a while.

Lord Insanity
Vist my Lego page at:
www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/sputnik/86/gc.html

Yup, sometimes projects of mine can last several months to a year.  I've
actually built that big ship several times, the first design was all one
section though and the back looked sorta like the millennium falcon, and it
had two Cosmic Fleet Voyagers on the front, I then moved to a smaller one with
just one CFV, and actual nacelles but it was still much smaller than the
current one.  And then the current one is my latest design.  I have thought
about making the nacelle front ends CFV's and then doing something else for
the front middle section...hmmm...gosh I love Legos!  Completely limitless
possibilities. :)

-Matthew M