 Space / 1807
  New Stuff!

Well after many, many, many problems I was finally able to get a few pictures of my models and I scanned them...as well as some of the models. And you can look at them here: (URL) did have a lot of close up shots but apparently my camera doesn't (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New Stuff!

Cool model. I love building large ships. You're kind of cheating with the pirate hulls though. :-) Just out of curiosty how much does it weigh. It can't weigh too much if you managed to keep it modular. I know that from experience. What is its (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New Stuff!

Yah, it's pretty light, but the bottom is incredibly solid. In the past I used to try building large ships like the ones you did but whenever I tried to pick them up...BOOM...pieces everywhere. That's a good challenge though trying to build one (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New Stuff!

(...) I (...) Well, I love this set. Matt M. is right up my alley in terms of this ship, I must have built and destroyed this pacticular ship hundreds of times. It is one of the only LEGO sets in my recollection that could be an actual spaceship, in (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New Stuff!

(...) Thanks. It weighs about 50 pounds. (...) PAINTING !? (sorry I am one of those that regard painting as Lego heresy) (...) Oh more to see. :-) (...) Sounds like you will be busy for a while. Lord Insanity Vist my Lego page at: (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New Stuff!

(...) But it's so UGLY! Look at the nose, with all those width changes! (I know that there's no air in space, so the shape doesn't matter, but still!) Alan (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New Stuff!

Well that's why you try to make it better. :) Mine is actually a modified CFV, the nose is a lot different (bottom of it needs work though), and I tried to be more consistent in going from smaller to larger, but now looking at my overhead I see (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New Stuff!

(...) Wow! That's heavy...hmmm...I've never actually weighed mine though, think I'll try doing that. Does like a normal bathroom scale work okay? (...) :) Well it's okay if you can't tell the difference. Model paint works the best, you can make em (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New Stuff!

(...) Thanks! Yup I tend to paint (nothing on that fighter though), but only things that don't normally come in the colors I want. And they look good. I use model paint because it looks authentic, but on the big one I used Partha paints cause (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  6985 Cosmic Fleet Voyager Discussion WAS: [Re: New Stuff!]

Heres the set for those of you who do not know it: (Cosmic Fleet Voyager) (URL) But it's so UGLY! Look at the nose, with all those width changes! (I know (...) The shape means nothing in space. I think this is one of the more realistic (As far as (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New Stuff!

Matthew M wrote in message ... (...) pictures (...) can (...) Wow, love the cool fighter (er, the one right below the big ship's pictures). But do my eyes decieve me or did you paint the bricks! Eww!!! (...) built (...) I don't think I'll ever (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: 6985 Cosmic Fleet Voyager Discussion WAS: [Re: New Stuff!]

(...) Yes. (...) With a bit of modification on the nose, it wouldn't be so bad. Alan (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: 6985 Cosmic Fleet Voyager Discussion WAS: [Re: New Stuff!]

(...) I'm with Scott (and others) on this one. After discovering the CFV just a few months ago (it appeared at the start of my Dark Ages), I totally lucked into trading for one -- for which I'm still incredibly grateful -- and it's a fantastic set. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.space)