 Space / 1809
Re: New Stuff!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 04:56:09 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Yah, it's pretty light, but the bottom is incredibly solid.  In the past I
used to try building large ships like the ones you did but whenever I tried to
pick them up...BOOM...pieces everywhere.  That's a good challenge though
trying to build one solid and stable enough without the use of any large bulk
pieces.  You had some really neat models on your page, I really liked the The
G.C.S. Phantom Shrieker, I might try building something similar at some point,
although it's probably going to be white since I'm low on black pieces and
painting can get tiresome.  Well I better get back to work, I'm working on a
website design right now and trying to get things organized.  I'll let
everyone know when I get it updated.

-Matthew

PS The big one is a heavy battle cruiser and it actually stores two of the
smaller ships (the ones with the neon green impulse engine and the 6 cannons
in the front) in its cargo bay area, although I may incorporate them into the
outer design of the ship so it has more storage capacity.  The back end is not
actually complete.  If you look close you'll see that the very back middle
section just has a large flat covering.  I've been thinking though that I may
try to do the same thing with the Stealth Falcon and incorporate it into the
back top section of the ship.

In lugnet.space, Mike Petrucelli writes:
Cool model.  I love building large ships.  You're kind of cheating with the
pirate hulls though. :-)  Just out of curiosty how much does it weigh.  It
can't weigh too much if you managed to keep it modular.  I know that from
experience.  What is its primary function:  Freighter, Battlecruiser,
undecideed?.  All in all it's a nice ship.

Lord Insanity
Vist my Lego page at:
www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/sputnik/86/gc.html