 Space / 1824
Re: New Stuff!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:40:03 GMT

Wow, love the cool fighter (er, the one right below the big ship's
pictures). But do my eyes decieve me or did you paint the bricks! Eww!!!

Thanks!  Yup I tend to paint (nothing on that fighter though), but only things
that don't normally come in the colors I want.  And they look good.  I use
model paint because it looks authentic, but on the big one I used Partha
paints cause they're cheap, easy, non permanent and look okay for the camera.
On the big ship though I only painted the bottom of the nacelles, mainly
because it might look funny if they were brown.  :)

front section is a remodeled version of the classic Cosmic Fleet Voyager,
undoubtedly my favorite Lego design of all time.  A design I love so much I
can actually build the original model completely from memory as I have • built
it hundreds of times and ways since I first got it as a kid.

I don't think I'll ever understand what people love about that ship....
*scratches head*

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/

I love the ship because it's one of the few big Lego ships, and I don't mean
big with a bunch of weird things hanging off, it's just big.  You can carry
cargo around in it, troops, anything you want.  It has real storage space.
Lego tends to not make things with storage space anymore.  The reason I wanted
to expand it was because I wanted a ship with a real cargo bay, and even more
storage.  None of the new Lego space designs look like they could be used for
deep space exploration.  Or maybe I just like big ships, some kind of an ego
thing...he he he...  One thing that I eventually want to try making is a model
of the oil rig in the movie The Abyss, that thing was like a space station on
wheels.

-Matthew M