 Space / 1833
Re: 4740 Space Radar Dish 2 x 2 in BLACK ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 05:50:21 GMT

Patrick Justison wrote:

The interpalnetary Rover 6925 has 4 of 'em.

Pat JIn lugnet.space, Henrik Ewald writes:
Hello,

Does anyone know if a Black Space radar dish 2x2 appears in a lego set ?
If so which one ?

I need 2 for a new project I'm working on.

You silly Space people! (Wait, I'm one too...ah well, if the shoe fits...)
Those little 2x2 black radar dishes are numerous outside of Space subthemes.
Almost every Pirates set with a lantern has one per 4-prong lantern, and I
have a good little cluster from recent Ninja sets (two are used in each
"Chinese Lantern" fixture).  I know that 3053 Emperor's Stronghold--available
on clearance at many US K-Marts, for as little as $20--has four, along with a
neat pair of those great blue low-slope corners.  IIRC, 3052 Ninja Fire
Fortress has one, used as a hat for the Red Ninja Master (thus making the
whole proposition pricey).  I think the ones on 6089 Stone Tower Bridge and
6093 Flying Ninja Fortress are all dkgrey, though.  (6083 Samurai
Stronghold's are light grey, not that anyone asked.)

Hope this helps, even if it means you're liable to spend $30+ to get four.
(At least the set is currently available, always a bonus.  ;) )

best

Lindsay