 Robotics / RCX / 2239
Re: IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:05:34 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

Thanks for posting this.  I've been trying to figure out how to do that, but I
don't know enough about the IR messages and baud control of BrickOS to do it
myself.

// check for channel assignment packet
//   format: 100100CC 1111SSSS
//     C = channel number (1 to 3)
//     S = checksum
if ( (spy_packet[0] & 0xFC) == 0x90 &&
     (spy_packet[1] & 0xF0) == 0xF0 )
  channel = spy_packet[0] & 0x03;
}

I don't know if this is printed anywhere, but here's some more info about the
Spybot remotes:

"in addition to the channels 1, 2 and 3, there are
three more channels 4, 5 and 6 (which you select in Setup mode by holding
down the lower left buttion (SHIFT) when pressing the normal channel buttons"

As cool as this sounds, it's not right.  :(  Sorry about that.

There are just the two bits (like Mark said above).

See, this is why I haven't been able to get my Spybot remote to work with my
RCX.  :)

Steve