 Robotics / RCX / 2251
Re: IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:59:58 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Mark Riley wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
// check for channel assignment packet
//   format: 100100CC 1111SSSS
//     C = channel number (1 to 3)

in addition to the channels 1, 2 and 3, there are
three more channels 4, 5 and 6 • ...
Well, I did try it out and it does work... somewhat. • ...
The buttons that send packets in the setup and ping modes *do* indicate channel
5, however.

Yes.  The extra channels are for non-repeating stuff.  Like you said.

I'm curious, Steve, where did you get the information about channels 4-6?
(Thanks, BTW!)

Well, I've discovered (while working on a Spybot project) that if you ask just
the right question, the people at LEGO may reply to it.

They are listening...  :)

Steve