 Robotics / RCX / 2227
Re: IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 05:13:23 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Mark Riley wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Chris Masclet wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Chris Masclet wrote:
Hi I've got two RCX: a 1.5 and 2.0 version.
I' ve got a problem with IR emiter/reicever.
The 1.5 version seems to be more sensitive to reflected infrared and its
good to use !
But the 2.0 RCX is less sensitive and for example doesn't receive reflected
message from my remote control or 1.5 RCX.It has to be exactly in the axle
to receive IR.
While the TSOP-1176 is also apparently sensitive to a 38KHz carrier (otherwise
it couldn't receive normal RCX messages), it may be with less sensitivity than
the native TSOP-1138.  This could be the reason for the observed differences in
IR reception between the different RCX versions.

Mark

BTW, the TSOP-1176 part is also used as the receiver in Spybots and Manas motor
units.

OK thanks for your reply!
But the bad thing is that two RCX2.0 could not communicate properly....Am I
wrong??

Chris.