 Robotics / NXT / 382
Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2007 06:41:14 GMT

On 1/19/07, Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote:
1. Reset the NXT (press  reset for less than 1 second)

Nothing, it restarts back to blank screen, samba clicking mode.

2. Unplug the USB cable, wait 5 seconds, and plug it back in again

Same thing.

I also tried pulling the batteries for a few seconds.  Telling USB
Probe to refresh.  100 different combinations of resetting with and
without usb plugged in, holding reset button for various amounts of
time.  Saying a prayer.  Holding a lucky rabbit foot.  Sacrificing a
lego minifig on a technic altar.  I swear I got it to work once, but I
was never able to reproduce it.  I thought I got it the first time by
just unplugging usb for a few seconds.  Rebooting osx always works,
though.

Here's a hint: If I rebuild the firmware tomorrow, the numbers
will be 07-01-20-0, and if I release another version tomorrow
the numbers will be 07-01-20-1 :-)

lol I thought it was a version number, but thought it was odd and
didn't realize the date.  My mind is swirling from all this stuff.  :)

That's good - it's the correct info to this point. Device class 2 should
be a straight up serial port. CDC is communication Device Class I think.

I found this page <http://www.qusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=38969>
That talks about how to get OSX to recognize a Motorola Q as a serial
port on usb.  He says to add an entry to
/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBCDC.kext/Contents/Info.plist
with the Q's class, subclass, and protocol, etc.  Unfortunately, that
file already has an entry with class: 2, protocol: 0, and subclass: 0
which is what USB Probe tells me the NXT is.