 Robotics / NXT / 345
344  |  346
Subject:
Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 04:17:08 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

All,

For those of you that have been asking the question:

  "When will we get a simple text-based programming
   environment for the NXT?"

I can now announce the availability of pbLua Beta 1
at:

  <http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbLua>

This is an implementation of Lua 5.1 for the NXT, and you
communicate with it via the USB port.

I'll have install instructions up later, but for now you can
browse the intro page and the API function list, and download
the Beta 1 version using the links at the left of the page.

I plan on adding a call to each and every driver function
where possible.

pbLua was compiled on a custom GCC toolcahin, which I
will be releasing the build procedure for in the next few weeks.
It allows code to be debugged using GDB over the serial
port and does NOT require you to open the NXT and add a
JTAG port!

I'll post more news here and updates to the pbLua site.

Please, please, please understand that this is still early
goings, and that I'll get niceties such as a filesystem and
Bluetooth support out as fast as I can.

Also, please use this Lugnet newsgroup as the official place
to ask questions and get answers. Don't send me private email
if possible, I'll refer you to this group anyways :-)

Cheers, and let the pbLua coding begin.

Ralph