 Robotics / NXT / 378
Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 20:58:12 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Ralph Hempel wrote:
I have some more questions about pbLua...

Is the NXT-Lua-API public available ?
My idea is to use your pbLua-functions at my PC running Lua-Interpreter,
replaceing low level stuff with own functions...
This allows me to write and runs programs local (NXTpbLuaSim).
The next step is to connect this NXTpbLuaSim via luasocket to a virtual
3D-Simulation like ct-Sim
(http://www.heise.de/ct/ftp/projekte/ct-bot/ct-sim.shtml)...
Some german guys started this project last year and we had much fun with
simulating simple AVR-based robots.

What do you think about this idea ?
I just need you Lua-Tables 8-)

I'm still building and finalizing the API. I should probably
start posting some questions on this forum...

Eventually I'd like to get the API and the Lua table out
there but I need to get docs set up.

If you can help with install instructions for Linux or OSX (or
even Classic) I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers, Ralph

Ralph,
I can wait for API-docs 8-)

In the meantime I try to find out how USB-communication (with libusb and
terminalemulation) can work on OSX (10.4.x) and Linux.

Is the NXT acting like an USB-Modem (asynchronous communication)
What are the communication parameters (115k 8N1) ?

Is there any protocol used to talk to NXT, or just plain ASCII commands

Is this the way you prefer ?

Which method is currently used for transfering lua-programs to NXT ?
XModem/ZModem/ASCII-Dump ?

Greetings from Hamburg
Christian