 Robotics / NXT / 348
Re: Text Based Programming for NXT - pbLua is Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:31:39 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Ralph Hempel wrote:
All,

For those of you that have been asking the question:

  "When will we get a simple text-based programming
   environment for the NXT?"

I can now announce the availability of pbLua Beta 1
at:

  <http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbLua>

I am very excited about the availability of pbLua.  It looks extremely cool.
And fast.  BricxCC already has built-in support for Lua syntax highlighting.
You can also have BricxCC claim the .lua file extension via the Preferences
dialog if you want BricxCC to be your standard Lua editor on a PC.  Real soon
now BricxCC will have context sensitive help for the pbLua functions and the
standard Lua language as well as a built in terminal like it has for pbForth
which will let you communicate with the NXT running pbLua from within BricxCC
and download Lua scripts from the standard text editor windows.

http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/

And as most of you already know, even simpler than pbLua are the already
available text-based programming languages known as NeXT Byte Codes (NBC) and
Not eXactly C (NXC).

http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/nbc/

John Hansen