 Publishing / 4499
Re: URLs in BrickShelf Gallery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 00:55:57 GMT

First of all, I *really* wish people would post these URLs
with the *human-named* directory structure, and *not* with
the CGI-named one...

For ex., *this*:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ratmfan/Scimitar/
instead of *this*:

Why?  I'm curious as to what the benefit is of one
versus the other.  Purely aesthetic or is there
a technical reason?

(Sorry, Larry, for the delay.  I just *now* saw your reply.)  :P

The answer is: Both.

Technical reasons.  If I see the "human" URL (instead of
the CGI one), I can snip off the tail end of the URL for
the parent folder, one level at a time...

Aesthetic reasons.  The "human" URL is usually much easier
for a mush-brained human like me to remember as well as to
type.  ;)

Franklin