 Pirates / 729
728  |  730
Subject:
Ironclad _La Gloire_ virtually complete--mini-page up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 06:14:59 GMT

Hi,

_La Gloire_ is now in Phase Nine, meaning it has almost all the bells
and whistles an ironclad might need.  Everything from lifeboat davits
that lower, a complete stern gallery, coal chutes, boiler room, to a
dozen cannon, a fairly complete rig--no brown or black plastic
trapezoidal "ship rig" pieces--and a really nice smokestack with
ventilation ducts, courtesy of many copies of set 7150.  Quigon Effete
(our illustrious captain) is now sailing the high seas for France!

See this wee little ship here:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/Gloire.html    (case-sensitive!)

All of these shots are from phase nine.  Earlier phases of construction
are not up yet--but I have photos of almost everything, including the
ductwork, the boiler room, the captain's cabin, and the spacious cargo
hold under the foredeck.  The sailors even have room to sleep...I admit,
they have to sleep under the gun decks and next to the magazines, but if
it's your time to go, it's your time to go.

The very spartan _Gloire_ page will continue to evolve, and there will
be further phases as I reconstruct things and complete the stern section
over the gallery.  Comments welcome!

best

Lindsay