 Pirates / 745
Re: Ironclad _La Gloire_ virtually complete--mini-page up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 20:53:43 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Tony Priestman wrote:

Can I request more pics of the rigging? The ratlines(?) look a bit
threadbare, but the overall effect is very shiplike :-)

I'll see if I can get any.  It is a bit threadbare--I don't have enough
TLG-approved rig to do what I want to do, not to mention not having any sails
cut!  :)

Have you considered taking Lego string out of convenient unused winches?  I've
found that in general, clamping the end of a string between bricks is as good a
hold as the little 1x1 round ends.

Come to think of it, you could actually even use the broken strings you
mentioned before, if you haven't disposed of them.

eric