 Pirates / 4377
Re: The Corinthian
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2006 04:54:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.pirates, Sean Devolites wrote:
   Ahoy mates.

It has been a long time since I’ve managed to put together an MOC, I guess it was a lack-of-time induced dark age, but I have finally put a little something together.

The first production from the yards of Port Olympic, The Corinthian became the flagship of the...well...soon-to-be fleet. The Admiral (if he can be called that with one ship), Zale Alexander, was pleased with the firepower of the ship yet the agility the shorter style allowed (at a slight lack for speed).

Boasting an 11 cannon broadside, the ship is more than capable of filling its current role of patrol, as it is the size of both the famed Black Seas Barracuda and Skull’s Eye Schooner. When the time comes, it will be very fit for it’s diplomatic (to a point) roll of sailing around and showing off itself to other armies in the neighboring waters.

Hope you all enjoy! Any comments or thoughts are welcome.

Nice work, Sean!

It’s great to see a solid vessel like this in .pirates! (And probably time to get the old spyglass out of retirement).

Two decks is very cool indeed. And two masts, for a vessel this length is just right.

Did you consider building some tumblehome (inward slope toward the deck) into the hull? It’s often an issue of parts availability, and it does eat into deck space, but if you can manage it, the effect can look pretty good.

Your admiral certainly has spacious quarters for a vessel this size.

Cheers

Richie Dulin