 General / 52813
Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 03:31:12 GMT

danny staple wrote:

Yes, the lack of undo is a bit nasty. You might also take a look at
LeoCAD, which has recently undergone much more development than MLCad
(which doesnt seem to have been developed at all in about 3/4 years),
but does not natively use the LDraw format. It exports and imports
fine, and builds its peice library from the LDraw library anyway.

Hmm, I'm not sure I want to re-learn my "cadding"
on a new program, but I'll google "leoCAD" and have a look.

peeron.com is a place to look up sets, models and peices. I would
start with looking up ambulance, and hospital, and then seeing which
minifigs the sets listed come with. I turned up
http://peeron.com/inv/sets/6688-1 and
http://peeron.com/inv/sets/606-1.

Oh, I see, that's very clever.   Thanks.

Well the unnofficial list is a help, but you might also want to look
into LeoCAD which has a minifig generator, which will allow you to
choose from a selection of heads, hats, torsos, arms, legs and
accessories. There may not be a red cross, but there may be clearly
identifiable medics.

Actually, MLCad has a minifig generator,
which I've been using.   It doesn't have all the options
as far as different heads, etc.. but I can easily put them in manually.

For an example of Lego stop motion (just so you know what people have
done), google for Lego and Camelot for a Lego rendition of a Monty
Python classic.

Yes, it's great.. isn't it.
Discovered "brick films" a while ago.
Check out the Spiderman2 one if you haven't seen it...  big budget brick
film!

thanks again, Danny!

--

NB: swap "spam" for "lugnet" in my email address.  :-)