 Pirates / 4185
Re: Secret testing of a new cannon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 00:27:24 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Peter Blencowe wrote:

What a great model!

Thanks!

Where did you get the black bucket? I checked Peeron and they say it only comes in chrome, blue, and dark pink.

my cannons part list (not the mount)

qty part name --------------------------------- Black Blue

1 70973 Belville Bucket ------------------------------- X

2 3941 Brick 2 x 2 Round ----------------------- X --- X

1 3943 Cone 4 x 4 x 2 --------------------------- X --- X

1 6222 Brick 4 x 4 Round with Holes ---------- X --- X

8 3063 Brick 2 x 2 Corner Round ‘macaroni’ - X --- X

1 3960 Round Dish 4 x 4 Inverted -------------- X --- X

1 3707 Technic Axle 8

1 4599 Tap 1 x 1 --------------------------------- X --- X

1 4735 Space Robot Arm ----------------------- X --- X

1 3959 Minifig Accessory Torch --------------- X --- X

1 4623 Plate 1 x 2 with Arm -------------------- X --- X

I didn’t want to build it in Blue. So... I CHEATED!! I admit it! two belville buckets

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?pg=1&q=belville+bucket&sz=10&searchSort=P&invType=

gave their lego lives, SHOCK and HORROR! I spray painted them black. I know, I am really bad!

I need these cannons for my new ---- (it’s a secret!)

I guess you could leave a chrome muzzle-end on a black body.

BTW when I saw this post last night and the subject of disapering guns came up I started work one one of my own with a disapering mechanism. It uses the foward recoil from the cannon firing (plus another spring in the unit) to work the mechanism. The whole thing is about 75% complete. I hope to show pics here soon.

I look forward to it!

For me and the 1840’s modeling that I am working on, my mount is much closer to the period.

kurt