 Pirates / 4195
Re: Secret testing of a new cannon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 02:57:34 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:
   In lugnet.pirates, Kurt Baty wrote:

   On a small sand island in a bayou not to far from Galveston Secret testing of one of the new cannons continues!

why pirates? (recall what Sam Houston said about us)

so what do you think?

kurt

Austin, TX

It kind of looks like a 15” Dahlgren.

The 15 inch Dahlgren was my model prototype, my lego cannon however, has the flatish butt end of the 15” Rodman

http://www.cwartillery.org/ve/dahlgrens.html

http://www.cwartillery.org/ve/rodman.html

   I really like the inclusion of gearing on the carriage!

Finally, someone likes my gun mount/carriage!! Thanks!

I was just looking on the web for pics or drawings of early (pre-civil war) gun mounts/carriage and I found the drawing of Ericsson’s gun carriage, and I have him so strongly figured in my “Storyline”. I just had to try to model it!

What do you think of my gun’s elevation screw-setup?

I looked at the this part

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30209

but it wasn’t black and plate is not the right shape. I used the tap part but it’s really not quite “heavy” enough. Oh well, the joys of modeling in lego!

kurt

   LFB