 Pirates / 2999
Re: Hussars!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 00:36:25 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Sean Devolites writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin writes:
Perhaps using black 1x1 round flats on top would be better... the 1x1 flats
look just like the red hubs that LEGO used for a long time.

Exactly what the French Squadron will do with a unit of Hussars remains to
be seen. At the moment they spend their time drilling outside Port Brique as
well as charging up at down the main street at full gallop to impress the
ladies...

Cheers

Richie Dulin
Sorry its taken me so long to respond to this.  You did a great job Richie,
but did the tires stick to them selves or is there something inbetween the
tires holding them together?
Just wondering...
Hasta La Vista, Sean

Sean,

It's an entirely LEGO solution: the bottom tyre rests on the head and is
locked in place with a 1x1 round plate (push down hard - the tyre will flare
slightly over the head). Another 1x1 round plate is put on top, then the
second tyre, then one last 1x1 round plate on top (which holds the top tyre
in place). It's fairly secure.

Only the top 1x1 round plate is visible when assembled, so I was able to use
up lots of otherwise idle trans yellow and trans orange 1x1 round plates.

My horse artillery lieutenant (and now my hussar lieutenant) has a plume of
3 1x1 round plates (2 white, 1 red) on top.

Hope this helps... it's certainly reduced my stockpile of 'useless' tyres
and odd-coloured 1x1 round plates!

Cheers

Richie