 Pirates / 2988
Re: Horse Artillery (was Re: Hussars!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 13:08:47 GMT

Actually there is.... Port Brique now has horse artillery. ;-)

http://www.lugnet.com/loc/au/~1285/PortBrique/GrandArmie

Oh good God! The French have just decided to send *all* their smartly
dressed horsemen to the Pacific, haven't they?

Why horse artillery? Because I had a few spare blue torsos, and a lot more of
those old tyres... and some superficial research showing horse artillerists
wearing large busbies.

I spent last night trying various things with tire hats, and surprisingly,
Horse Artillery crossed my mind to... though the French were the only ones
to wore the bushbies... I need tarleton helmets -- which I unwisely never
got around to buying during Castle's run (off to the clearance section for
me) -- and then I get horse artillery... or light dragoons!

Still having a look at Grenadier bearskin shakos though... there must be a way!

And nice 8-pounder... hell, I'd venture its size to make it an 18-pounder --
a great seige gun, and then you'd have a reason for the Horse Artillery...
harass evildoers as they down the coast to Port Brique (and if they landed
Marines to capture the gun, you'd have cavalry there to stop them!).

Good stuff, once again!

Kenneth Tam