 Pirates / 2989
Re: Horse Artillery (was Re: Hussars!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 01:37:56 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin writes:
http://www.lugnet.com/loc/au/~1285/PortBrique/GrandArmie

Why horse artillery? Because I had a few spare blue torsos, and a lot more of
those old tyres... and some superficial research showing horse artillerists
wearing large busbies.

Magnifique!

I like the uniforms, the carriage, and the gun is wonderful - so simple, so
elegant, so, just so!  Most excellent.

The limber and the gun carriage both have an unusual five wide construction
- I wanted the limber to have side by side seating, and six wide just looked
too silly (as did building a wider seat *above* the wheels). I built the gun
carriage five wide as well, but on reflection, four wide would have been
adequate.

I already have a half dozen red
Hussar types sitting on my monitor.

It's fun finding a use for all those old tyres, isn't it? And once you take
the tyres off, those old wheels are ideal for ship's cannon.

Now its off to build some light field
pieces.  i bet the out range and out accurate my clumsy ship cannon.

I'll look forward to seeing Port Bloc's efforts at the next STUDFest!

Cheers

Richie