 Pirates / 2997
Re: Dragoons! (was Re: Horse Artillery (was Re: Hussars!))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 02:12:28 GMT

I cut off the flaired end of Lego muskets to make carbines for my Dragoons.
I'll have to try the tire-hat-thingy.

If only I had that many extras... for now, I'm calling them Baker-pattern
rifles... apparently (according to Brassey's History of the Uniform:
Napoleonic Wars Wellington's Army) Dragoons carried them. This lets me arm a
few riflemen with them, if I can figure out an adequate rifleman pattern.

Lancers.  :-)

Eeep!

Oh man, and I just started my superficial research by getting Sharpe's
Rifles.  Up to page 110.  All those thin Osprey books can get expensive.  :-)

Watch the movies *after* you've read the books -- the movies are great for
visuals, but they simply didn't have the budget to field over 10 000 extras
per film, so they're understandably less accurate : ) But count on the
books! Bernard Cornwell got his facts straight!

Kenneth Tam