 Pirates / 2979
Re: Hussars!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 00:48:46 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin writes:
thus the 1st South Pacific Hussars were born. Check them out at
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/PortBrique/hussars1.jpg
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/PortBrique/hussars2.jpg
www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rdulin/PortBrique/hussar3.jpg

Love these guys.  With cloaks and epaulettes they strike just the right note
- their haughty self-assuredness comes through in the images as surely as
through the original oils.

Head selection is important for hussars. I was careful to select only
moustachioed arrogant looking types. After all, they have to be pretty
self-assured to get around with hats like those.

I'm trying to work out what Port Block would be doing with a bunch of
Queen's Guards types (red torsos, black pants, gold epaulettes), so I can
justify having a squad at Port Block :-)

Port Block is overdue for a royal visit, isn't it?

Nice work.

Cheers

Richie