 Pirates / 2994
Re: Dragoons! (was Re: Horse Artillery (was Re: Hussars!))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 11:52:15 GMT

>Shouldn't dragoons be armed with muskets rather than pistols,
though? (Or is
that just a French thing?)

These chaps are carrying carbines, just on the other side of the saddle...
unfortunately, I'm saving the 15 regular muskets I have left after arming my
infantry for the promise of more Grenadiers or the like... thus these
Dragoons of the fourth are armed with western-style carbines... *ahem*, that
is to say, 'blackened 1796-pattern heavy dragoon carbines'.

*cough*

Curse superficial research... that should be *light* cavalry of course.

Light... heavy... if you're on foot and out of square, the difference really
isn't that noticable!

Your superficial research wouldn't happen to be related to Richard Sharpe,
would it? Just occured to me last night when I turned on 'Sharpe's Sword' to
create the atmosphere for cavalry that I recognized the green of French
Dragoons and Guardsman... figured prominently in the plot, that greenness...

On to grenadiers!

Kenneth Tam