 People / 3515
Re: The Construction Abilities of a Pickle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 16:22:26 GMT

In lugnet.people, Mike Rayhawk writes:
Believe me, I have a lot more to say on this subject but I suspect it would
eventually result in serious reprimands.  Before you ask, there is NO WAY to
convince Marketing to raise the age rating once they've decided on it.  You
wouldn't believe me if I told you some of the things we've done to try and
change their minds on this score.

Just reminded me-- this may have been a fluke somewhere, but this set:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7316
actually had its age range change from 2001 to 2002! Also of note, it
changed its piece count too (and various other box-art-tidbits). I'll have
to check the boxes to see what the age range changed to/from, but I believe
it went from 7-12 to 8-12? I forget. Wonder why...

Anyway, this proves it's possible and that you're just under the corporate
influence and can't be trusted. To redeem yourself, stop all Juniorization.

DaveE