 Gaming / 1338
  Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

Hm, company doesn't want to be associated with BrikWars? Company HQ in Billund? Have fun working for the Lego company Mike!! Give my regards to them, and tell em we need more high-detail sets! :-) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

(...) What are you talking about? I'm lost. LFB (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

(...) Take a look at his resume at (URL) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

(...) The secret's out! But keep it down - I don't think they've figured out who I am yet! ;) This job has been a real eye-opener for me - if there aren't enough high-detail sets hitting the shelves, it's not the fault of the designers. (*cough* (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

OMG! Congrats! Your an Awesome artist, you totally deserve it. BTW, I can't beleive I haven't seen your web-site before, just fantastic. I still keep the image of your space man illo in my computer ever since I first saw it. youda man. e (21 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

(...) Indeed, great stuff. I really like the "in progress" cover illustration for Brikwars. Very cool. Any chance of publishing a larger version of the picture for backgrounds? Anyways, congratulations. -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

(...) Actually I was planning on publishing a very large version indeed, so that I could sell it as a poster through cafepress.com - but since Lego still has serious form copyrights on the minifig, it looks like I probably can't make any income off (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

(...) I doubt it's an issue unless you're doing official Lego Business, in which case you'll get one of those nifty little Lego Logos to go beside your name on the web interface. You'd just have dual accounts, like Jake McKee does. Adrian -- (URL) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

(...) I've always been a huge fan of this particular piece ... well, who am I kidding, I *love* minifig art or all kinds ... but this one in particular speaks to me. I really do hope you manage to come up with some sort of arrangement, it would be (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

(...) I only have one question, if you're at liberty to answer it: How did you land such a great job? Did they come to you, or did you apply, or...? In any case it's a wonderful meeting of soul and vocation, and I wonder if we'll see the Mike (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

(...) You are such a wiseguy. And this is such a transparent gambit to give yourself the opportunity to gloat. (...) Hey, I'd forgotten about him! Going back to look at the site now, I see that I had also forgotten the many reasons he should never (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

(...) It was just about 99.44% luck, as much as I hate to admit it, and that's with a .56% margin of error. I had never even really considered working for Lego, the job just kind of fell in my lap. And here's the complete story! By total (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

Great story and great luck Mike, it couldn’t have happened to a more worthy guy. Did they at all review with you your dark side, or your panache for mini-fig Mortal Kombat? I have always really loved your spin on traditional mini-fig paintings. I (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

(...) No no no! My German militaria (sp?) is giving me a bad rap ... grrrrrrr. I should make a post refuting any implicit associations between the Wermacht and the Nazi party. Ugh. Definitely listen to the site mentioned above with the sound on, (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

(...) But just imagine if I were! You can bet you'd see a new spin on those two themes. In fact I might just do a painting like that for fun, I'm picturing that robot Jens glinching his arm into an industrial food pasteurizer and jamming Nick's head (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

Ignoring all the Lego stuff: nice portfolio. The Art Center in Pasadena is a great school for illustration and design, for those who aren't familiar with it (though I worked for a number of years just around the corner at the Lab, I never quite (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk

(...) Marketing...it's like Dilbert come to life...so, is their excuse that we have the constructive abilities of a pickle? or that we simply have the MIND of a pickle? Mabye the next time they refute the 10:1 scale Death Star, remind them that they (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: The Construction Abilities of a Pickle

(...) One thing I was surprised to learn, is that one of the single most important factors in set design is the age rating on the side of the box. If it says for instance "8-12" on the box cover, then Marketing goes out and grabs a bunch of (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.people)

  Re: The Construction Abilities of a Pickle

(...) Just reminded me-- this may have been a fluke somewhere, but this set: (URL) had its age range change from 2001 to 2002! Also of note, it changed its piece count too (and various other box-art-tidbits). I'll have to check the boxes to see what (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.people)