 People / 3503
Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:38:49 GMT

In lugnet.people, Scott Costello writes:
I just hope and pray that this all goes well, and that you are not
going to be the new painter in charge of the Galidor or Jack
Stone lines! :)

But just imagine if I were!  You can bet you'd see a new spin on those two
themes.  In fact I might just do a painting like that for fun, I'm picturing
that robot Jens glinching his arm into an industrial food pasteurizer and
jamming Nick's head into it.  It probably wouldn't get a positive response
from Galidor's current target age group, but I bet it would be a big hit in
the "Boys 14-18" segment.

Fortunately the project I got assigned to is much more in line with my way
of thinking, I don't know what I'd have done if I got stuck in something
like Belville or Clikits.  The other day I even found myself arguing that
one part of the play theme needed to be less lethal, if you can believe it,
but fortunately I caught myself before it got out of hand.  I've set some
time aside to investigate the causes that led to that lapse of character, to
make sure that disturbing incident isn't repeated.