 Gaming / 1341
Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:51:39 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Jack Millikin writes:
Hm, company doesn't want to be associated with BrikWars? Company HQ in
Billund? Have fun working for the Lego company Mike!! Give my regards to
them, and tell em we need more high-detail sets! :-)

The secret's out!  But keep it down - I don't think they've figured out who
I am yet!  ;)

This job has been a real eye-opener for me - if there aren't enough
high-detail sets hitting the shelves, it's not the fault of the designers.
(*cough* Marketing *cough*)  The models the designers have sitting around
the office would make you weep to see them - their awesomeness is beyond
belief!  Apparently that's the product of access to warehouses full of Lego
and getting paid to play with it on a full-time basis.  Unfortunately, if I
brought a camera to work and started flashing pictures I think I'd be
summarily dragged out to the parking lot and shot.

There's a sign on the door of our wing of the studio that says "TOP SECRET
RESEARCH FACILITY - USE OF DEADLY FORCE IS AUTHORIZED."  I'd been here
almost a week before I read the reast of the sign - some wiseguy had gotten
one of the signs from Area 51 and hung it up as a joke.  For some reason I
had never thought to question even for a second the idea that killing would
be justified in defense of Lego secrets.  In fact I was even hoping to get
fingered for a mission to go out on a couple of pre-emptive strikes against
the Mega Bloks offices, just to show that we were serious.

So the lack of Lego death squads was a disappointment.  Regardless, as all
the folks who've already e-mailed me can tell you, I'm still not actually
allowed to talk about the job in anything but the vaguest terms, so don't
everybody send me a pile of letters hoping I'll reveal secrets of Lego's
inner workings.