 People / 3491
Re: Just congrats to Mike Rayhawk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:19:48 GMT

In lugnet.people, Jason Spears writes:
I really like the "in progress" cover illustration for Brikwars.  Very cool.
Any chance of publishing a larger version of the picture for backgrounds?

Actually I was planning on publishing a very large version indeed, so that I
could sell it as a poster through cafepress.com - but since Lego still has
serious form copyrights on the minifig, it looks like I probably can't make
any income off of "minifig-like" pictures without getting sued (and now,
maybe fired!).  I'm still exploring this angle though, maybe something can
be worked out.

In any case, I do plan on making a background-sized version available on the
"downloads" page of the BrikWars site, once the painting is finished.
Unfortunately I left it behind in L.A., so I can't make any progress on it
until I get back from Billund in March.

Right now the background on my computer at work is

http://www.mikerayhawk.com/psycho.htm

which gets a lot of raised eyebrows from the design managers.

I'm still waiting for Lego security to come down and tell me I that Lego
employees aren't allowed to post to Lugnet.  Or worse, for Lugnet security
to come down and tell me the same thing.  It's tough being a corporate shill!