Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 16:55:12 GMT

Gah.

Slings.

You'll note, if you read BW2000 carefully, that slings with stones are
hands-down the best weapon in the game.  Well, that is, if you're more
concerned about point expenditure vs. effectiveness than you are about style,
anyway... and of course, being a gamer, I am that occasionally.

More to the point, my good friend Neil (you know, the guy who isn't *really* a
LEGO guy who has been at the two previous BrikWars events) is a gamer, and he
noticed this.

Why, do you ask, are slings so good?

Well, they do as much damage as a sword, at range.  Not *just* at range,
either- at throwing range.  But not just throwing range!  Oh, no!  Slings
effectively DOUBLE the 'fig's power for purposes of throwing... and there's a
certain incident with a certain Ninja on top of a certain roof with a grenade
that might give a decent example of throwing range... and that was without a
sling.

So.  Neil sent some mail back and forth with the Great Sage, the Divine One,
Mike Rayhawk, and suggested a fix- instead of *doubling* the 'fig's power,
Slings add +1 to the 'fig's power for throwing.  Mike gave it a nod (although
apparently eventually hes looking to change around the Throwing rules) and Neil
asked me to post here on Lugnet to ask that we all use this rule for the
upcoming game, out of a sense of sanity.

Does that sound good to everyone?  Bad?  Indifferent?

eric