  November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

Hear Ye, Hear Ye Any and all are invited to participate in the first NELUG medieval Brikwars event, to be held at my place on Saturday, November 18th. The start time is open-ended - I will be awake and available to help set up at the crass-ack of (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

(...) Right. TL2 or lower, and this is as good a time as any to say that we kind revised the point totals down to about 225 per person. You don't have to have 225 points, but try not to exceed that amount by too much (and try to have your army (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

"Shaun Sullivan" <shaun_sullivan@irco.com> wrote in message news:3A06C530.827EB5...rco.com... (...) ...anyone on their way up feel like stopping by Wenham to pick me up? :-) I'd really appreciate the ride, and it looks feasible because the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

Gah. Slings. You'll note, if you read BW2000 carefully, that slings with stones are hands-down the best weapon in the game. Well, that is, if you're more concerned about point expenditure vs. effectiveness than you are about style, anyway... and of (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

(...) Snip. Hello Shawn and all, I would like to participate, even though I'm not a proficient BrikWars general. I have a classic LEGO yellow castle looking for some action and a few good plastic men willing to defend it, but I'm not certain about (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

(...) I don't know if anyone is actually following my babbling about slings, but I have to correct the above. This is from email that went back and forth between Neil and Mike Rayhawk, and is the Final Word on what is going to happen with Throwing (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

(...) We'd love to have you! (...) Then we'd *really* love to have you! :D (...) Well, when you say you aren't "proficient", I assume it's because you haven't played before. Don't worry about that... the game is actually pretty simple. If you sit (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

(...) Gah, slings! Neil is absolutely right of course, the slings (and the Throwing Things rules) are way unbalanced. Over e-mail he and I argued the matter back and forth and came up with the following revisions: Throwing Things: ---...--- The old (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

(...) Well, there's something you don't hear often. (...) Ok, already I have a fairly universal question about this formula. The standard trooper has 1d6 skill, and 1 power. We'll assume he's trying to throw something with a mass of 1, as well. So, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

(...) That's why in real life you try to throw grenades through, around, or over obstacles that you can then hide behind. And also I think that bad things should happen to any unit who rolls ones. (...) That's about the size of it. You could also (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style

(...) I wasn't as interested in what order the things occur in mathematically as I was in making sure I understood how the dice made the transition from Skill dice to Range. For example, you don't convert 1d6 to 3.5 and use the formula, or roll the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)