Re: November 18th Brikwars, Medieval Style
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 20:27:01 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Mike Rayhawk writes:

Neil is absolutely right of course,

Well, there's something you don't hear often.

The old formula for throwing range, ((5xPower)/Mass)+Skill" is both too
complicated and generates ranges that are much too long.  Instead, the new
formula will be updated to (Skill x Power / Mass)".

Ok, already I have a fairly universal question about this formula.

The standard trooper has 1d6 skill, and 1 power.  We'll assume he's trying to
throw something with a mass of 1, as well.

So, we look at the formula, and we get 1d6 x 1 / 1 = 1d6".  I assume this means
that the trooper decides to throw a grenade, and you roll to see how far he can
throw it.  You roll a 4, he can throw it up to 4".  You roll a 1, and he
fumbles and drops it at his feet, and has a few seconds to regret not having
married Betty when he had a chance.

But, now let's assume the crazy bastard is trying to throw something with a
mass of 2!  You look at the formula, and you get:  1d6 x 1 / 2 = 1d6 / 2.  What
does this mean in BrikWars terms?

Does it mean that you roll the D6 and divide by two?  That seems reasonable.
So, you roll a 3, divide by two and get 1.5, and he throws it 1.5 inches.

What if he has a skill of, say, 1d10+4, and is throwing a mass of 2?  Do you
roll a d10, divide that by 2, and add 2?

What if you have a skill of 1d6, and a power of 3, and you're throwing
something with a mass of 2?  Do you roll 3d6, add up the total, and divide it?

I know these questions seem anal, I just like to know these kinds of things.

thanks,

eric